Walking Hadrian's Wall is Published!
Thank you for following me as I work on my watercolor paintings and my Walking Hadrian's Wall Book. I had a great adventure walking across England and have now turned it into a book. The book is now published. You can download a PDF version of the book, or pick up a copy on Amazon.
You will get
- A PDF version of Walking Hadrian's Wall with 76 pages
- The book now contains a section of Frequently Asked Questions on how I did my walk and what I learned.
- Video description of how I created the illustrations, :15 minutes
- Video on how I market Walking Hadrian's Wall, :15 minutes
Walking Hadrian’s Wall, Wallsend to Bowness-on-Solway takes you on my walking trek along Hadrian’s Wall and across England in the late summer of 2022. I walked along the famous Hadrian’s Wall built in AD 122 by Emperor Hadrian. Over a period of 10 days, I crossed the country. Starting on the east coast at Wallsend I walked to Bowness-on-Solway on the west coast. The journey has been recreated with watercolor illustrations and daily descriptions of the adventure. Over the 84-mile journey, I met many wonderful people and experienced Roman and English history.
Follow along with me as I “hike my own hike” and visit Heddon-on-the-Hill, Chollerford, the Twice Brewed Inn, and many more places. Including visiting the Roman Fort at Vindolanda.
The book is filled with original watercolor illustrations by J. Bruce Jones. Also included in the book is a Frequently Asked Questions section on the trip, the kind of pack I used, lessons I learned, and much more.
• Walking Hadrian’s Wall
• Day 1, Arrive in Newcastle and overnight, Hotel Indigo, walked to Wallsend, Metro for the return
• Day 2, Wallsend to Heddon-on-the-Hill, Ironsign Country House
• Day 3, Heddon-on-the-Hill to Corbridge, The Angle of Corbridge
• Day 4, Corbridge to Chollerford, Simonburn Tearooms
• Day 5, Chollerford to Once Brewed, Twice Brewed Inn
• Day 6, Once Brewed to Gilsland, The Hollies on the Wall
• Day 7, Gilsland to Brampton, Scotch Arms Mews
• Day 8, Brampton to Carlisle, Howard Lodge
• Day 9, Carlisle to Bowness-on-Solway, Wallsend BnB
• Day 10, Bus back to Carlisle and train to Euston Station, London
Includes a Section of Frequently Asked Questions About the Trip
• How did you plan your Hadrian's Wall trip?
• Why did you pick 10 days for your walk?
• Which way did your hike, east to west?
• What was your itinerary, bed, and breakfasts you stayed in?
• What kind of pack did you bring, your main pack, and day pack?
• What kind of gear did you bring?
• Clothing and footwear?
• What did you carry in your day pack?
• What lessons did I learn?
• What were some of your favorite places?
Comments from TikTok
I love your style
You are so talented I love this art style
these r so cool!
Paperback or Kindle Version
If you are looking for a paperback or Kindle version, please check out the book on Amazon.
Walking Hadrian's Wall, Wallsend to Bowness-0n-the-Solway
Be sure to follow me on TikTok, https://www.tiktok.com/@jbrucejones
Download a PDF copy of the book, and stream the videos